According to the research, businesses spend more than $65 billion every year on SEO? To generate more sales and become top digital marketing agency . An effective SEO strategy allows business to build fast, robust, and user-friendly websites that rank well on search engines.
Golden Steps to Create a Powerful SEO Strategy
Follows these steps and just take your business over the first page of Google.
When creating an SEO strategy, you should focus on three aspects.
- On-page SEO: it focuses on the content on your page and how to optimize it to rank higher in search engines.
- Off-page SEO: it implies links directed to your website from the internet. The number of backlinks and their publishers helps you build credibility with search engines and hence rank higher.
- Technical SEO: it refers to the architecture of a website.
Below are seven steps on how to create a powerful SEO strategy in 2020.
1. Satisfy User Search Intent
The main point is to understand the user search intention because Google has more than 200 ranking factors; the most important one is being helpful to users. In SEO terms, it leads towards to meet up with the user search intent. You can satisfy user intent in several ways. First, you have to focus on what is your target audience, what they want, is this product or services provides benefits to user?
Second, identify your target audience –what kind of people do you want your site to attract? Having answered the ‘why’ and ‘who,’ you can proceed to the ‘how’.
2. Choose Keywords That Will Lead Users to Your Content
Start using the keywords that drive traffic towards your business. Identify the phrases that users type on search engines when looking for your products or services.
- Use keywords that reflect what you offer. Avoid short and vague keywords because they have high competition and risk attracting the wrong audience. For instance, rather than using keywords like ‘buy boots,’ use ‘buys winter boots for women.’
- Go for keywords with a high search volume. You can utilize SEO tools such as Google’s Keyword Tool to determine the search volumes of keywords.
- Use long-tail keywords. Research shows that long-tail keywords have a 3-5% click-through rate than generic keywords. The most desirable thing about long-tail keywords is they have low competition and hence increase your chances of ranking for the keywords.
3. Let’s Invest in High-Quality Content
As we know that Content is the king so delight your audience with high-quality content on your website. You can do this by addressing the pain points of your audience, giving feasible solutions, making the content visually appealing, and offering in-depth content.
4. Develop a Link-Building Plan
If you want to create a powerful SEO strategy in 2020, you need backlinks. Research shows a positive correlation between links and first page Google rankings. As mentioned earlier, link-building is essential for off-page SEO. It refers to the process of attracting backlinks to your site from other sites on the internet. To develop a link-building plan, start by devising ways you can attract backlinks to your site. If you are just starting out, you can have other local businesses link to your website while you link to theirs. Also, look for guest blogging opportunities. This way, you link back to your website. You can also get backlinks by blogging about current events and news. That way, you increase the chances of other bloggers and industry influencers linking to your articles.
5. Conduct a Technical Audit
Numerous issues can hurt the user experience on your website. They include broken links, server errors, missing meta tags, crawling problems, and page access issues. It is best practice to conduct a technical audit on your site to ensure that it is working optimally.
6. Measure Success
SEO can be time-consuming and labor-intensive. After spending time and effort refining your SEO strategy, it is advisable to track and measure your progress. You can use metrics such as organic traffic and page ranking to determine the performance of your SEO efforts. How much traffic is your website getting from organic search? How are your pages ranking for the keywords you are targeting? You can use track performance through Google Search Console and you can analyze user behavior through Google Analytics.